14 Interesting Facts about Passionate Kisses

Young couple kissing in an old european town square.Everyone probably knows how to kiss. But do you know some of the interesting facts about passionate kissing?  Is kissing on a more regular basis good for us or not?  The following are 14 interesting facts about “Hot Lip Kissing” which will introduce you into considering the passion you put into a kiss.

Fact 1: A passionate kiss will increase the tension of our 29 facial muscle groups. These 29 small packs of muscles include: 12 muscles in our lips and 17 species in our tongue. In other words, kissing can be seen as a good exercise.  We spend regular time at the gym, week after week toning our muscles, which will make our skin smoother and will also improve our blood circulation.  Maybe having more kisses everyday is better than spending hundreds dollars in cosmetics that you can put towards a sunny holiday.

Fact 2: Kissing can help to prevent oral plaque and tooth decay just like toothpaste does.  Passionate kissing cannot replace brushing your teeth, but it will stimulate the secretion of large amount of saliva.  Saliva is pH neutral and contains calcium and phosphorus, the minerals that will help to prevent tooth decay, or gingivitis.

Fact 3: When two people kiss, they share their saliva with each other, which includes many different substances, such as H2O, enzymes, bacteria, fats, mineral salts and proteins.  According to the latest scientific studies, all these chemical exchanges can produce antibodies, boost our immune system, and slow down our aging process.

Fact 4: About 66% of couples close their eyes while they are kissing, and the rest 34% are happily watching the changes of their partner’s facial expression.  That tells us that couples are enjoying the relaxation in kissing their partners very much, and get excited by the feeling of kissing.

Fact 5: In United States, women have kissed 80 different men before their first marriage. (note that it states first marriage)

Fact 6: Our lips have 200 times higher sensitivity than our fingers. This means our life expectancy is 5 times longer if we are kissing often than other people who don’t kiss very often. Our fingers are more vulnerable than our lips are to minor accidents, which is good for our lips.

Fact 7: A 90 second crazy-passionate kiss will elevate our blood pressure and increase our heart rate. It also increases our hormones level, reducing a minute of our lifespan.

Fact 8: French-kissing is also known as “combination of soul”, which is the same term the Eskimo use.  The Eskimo kiss many different ways just like French.  However they are more in touch with their olfactory organ.  They like to begin with rubbing nose, and then slightly open their lips to share their breath with their partners, or use their cheeks to squeeze their partner’s nose.

Fact 9: In general, we rarely see Asian people like Japanese, Chinese, or Korean having passionate kisses in public, nor will they share kisses between father and daughter, mother and son, and brother and sister. This is cultural more than anything.

Fact 10: Our body secretes more endorphins when we kiss. One passionate kiss will seduce an analgesic effect, which is much stronger than morphine making you to forget pains.

Fact 11: Affectionate kissing will also increase our level of positive oxytocin, which physiologically allows our brain to handle our stress much faster.

Fact 12: Another study proving that on average, we spend 20,160 minutes of our life (about 2 weeks) kissing our partner and every minute of kissing will burn 26 calories.  If we take the measure of 3500 calories equals to one pound of body weight, we are indeed burning fat while we are kissing, up to 150 pounds in our life.

Fact 13: One of two young teenagers at the age of 14 has already lost their first kiss.

Fact 14: Kissing is a beautiful gesture to show your feelings.

 

Red Gargle

 

 

Sources:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201207/the-kiss-health

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Kissing-Burns-Calories

http://www.match.ca/magazine/article/13100/The-Health-Benefits-Of-Kissing/

 

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2013 Red Gargle

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>